These Skinny Lemon Cream Pie Cupcakes are made with a diet soda and a cake mix, lemon pudding filling and a Cool Whip frosting. They are perfect for Weight Watchers or low-calorie eaters.
- 1 package (15oz) White cake mix
- 1 package (3.4oz) Instant Sugar-Free, Fat-Free Lemon Jello
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1 can (12 oz) Diet 7UP or Sprite
- ¼ cup Sugar-free, fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip, Fat-free (thawed)
- Lemon Zest for topping (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine white cake mix, lemon jello, diet soda and extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Divide batter evenly between cupcake liners, about 2 to 3 tablespoons each, I prefer to use a large cookie scoop.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-16 minutes. Check the cupcakes for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are done. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combined 1/4 cup of the pudding mix, and milk and whisk until the pudding mix is dissolved. Refrigerate for 10 minutes until the pudding is firm.
- Remove a small piece of the center of your cupcake, using the melon baller or knife. Cut about ⅔ of way down. Set the tops aside.
- Once the pudding mix has firmed, spoon into a piping bag (or Ziploc bag) and cut off the tip. Fill the center of the cupcakes with the pudding, dividing evenly between each cupcake. Place the tops of the cupcakes back over the pudding and gently press down.
- Pipe the Cool Whip onto the cupcakes and keep them refrigerated until you are ready to serve. Remove the cupcakes from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Optional, top with lemon zest.
- Disclaimer: Nutritional information is estimated. Actual nutritional information should be calculated based off the ingredients you are using
- This recipe is 89 Weight Watcher Freestyle points. To find the points per serving, divide it by the total number of cupcakes you prepare. For 20 cupcakes, it’s 4 point each.
- You can further reduce the points by using a sugar-free cake mix
- Category: Cupcake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemon Cupcakes, Cupcakes