The mini and skinny Lemon Mousse Pies are bursting with lemon flavor and just big enough to satisfy your sweet craving but without all the calories.
I thought it might be time for a lightened up dessert again, Skinny Lemon Mousse Pies. I adore mini desserts, especially in the form of pie! Lemon pie is the perfect refreshing treat, especially in the summer.
These mini pies are bursting with lemon flavor. The mousse is made with sugar-free, fat-free pudding mix, a hint of reduced-fat cream cheese, non-fat lemon yogurt and some fresh lemon zest. I guess you could say it’s a lemon lovers dream.
The pudding should be prepared in advance so it is firm or “set” when you mix in the cream cheese and lemon yogurt.
To give this a mousse a lighter texture, I added some fat-free Cool Whip. I only used half a container of Cool Whip in the mousse and saved the other half to top these pie with. I love the little dollop on top.
For the crust, I wanted to use something other than graham crackers, so I chose to use reduced-fat Nilla Wafers. I don’t often see reduced-fat graham crackers, but those would work too.
You only need a little bit of butter for the crust since we are only making 12 mouse pies. Be sure to press the crust into the bottom of the liners so it’s nice and compact.
I mentioned before that I need to control the portion size for my desserts. So I made this dessert in these mini cupcake liners. I guess some people call them nut or treat cups, but they are waxed on the inside which makes it perfect to peel away the edges. These treat cups were about 1.5 inches tall. However, I am sure that a regular cupcake liner would work just fine!
For these mousse cups, I kept them frozen until I was ready to enjoy a treat. I let them thaw on the counter for an hour or so until they are soft. Freezing them is not necessary though, you can certainly keep them in the fridge. If you try to bite into them right out of the freezer, you will get a major brain freeze. I speak from experience.
It’s always nice to be able to enjoy a treat, even when you are watching what you eat. These Skinny Lemon Mousse Pies are the perfect guilt-less treat!
More Skinny Desserts:
- Chocolate Pudding Cupcakes
- Coconut Cream Cake
- Lemon Cream Pie Cupcakes
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
- Funfetti Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie Cupcakes
Keep up with all the happenings. Follow Beyond Frosting:Print
The mini and skinny Lemon Mousse Pies are bursting with lemon flavor and just big enough to satisfy your sweet craving.
- 1 package (3.4oz) sugar-free, Fat-free lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 24 reduced-fat Nilla Wafers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 container (5.5 oz) non-fat Lemon Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 8 ounces Fat-Free Cool Whip
- Prepare lemon pudding by combining non-fat milk with pudding mix and whisk until pudding mix is dissolved. Refrigerate until firm.
- Use a food processor or blend to grind the wafers into a fine crumb. Empty into a microwave-safe bowl. Add the butter to the bowl and microwave for 30-60 seconds until butter is melted. Stir to coat crumbs with butter.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of crust into each cupcake liner. Press the crust down with a spoon.
- Beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Next, add the lemon yogurt and lemon zest and continue mixing until well blended. Finally, add the prepared pudding mix and incorporate well.
- Divide the Cool Whip in half. Add half to the lemon filling and keep the other half to put on top of the cupcakes. Fold the Cool Whip into the lemon filling.
- Pour the lemon filling into a large Ziploc bag. Cut off a small corner of the bag and evenly distribute the filling among the cupcake liners.
- Pipe the remaining Cool Whip on top.
- Keep in the refrigerated or Freeze for 2-4 hours. If kept frozen and allow to thaw for about 30-60 minutes before eating.
- Weight Watcher Freestyle Points- The total recipe is 64 Freestyle points. With 12 cupcakes, it’s 5 points each.
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemon Pie, Lemon Ice Cream
Recipes from my friends:
Healthier Lemon Loaf from Grandbaby-Cakes
Skinny Frozen Peanut Butter Pies from Crazy for Crust
Lightened Up Lemon Curd Mousse Cups from Chelsea’s Messy Apron