This Skinny Spinach and Artichoke is my favorite appetizer, loaded with spinach, artichoke and water chestnuts. It’s the perfect for a party and can be prepared ahead of time if needed. It’s a slight variation on the original Weight Watcher Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip.
- 1 tablespoon butter (light if you have it)
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces chopped frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts, sliced, drained and chopped
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts with oil, quartered, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese (or 1/3 less-fat cream cheese)
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided (optional)
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 11 by 7 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter with the chopped onions and garlic. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Next add the drained spinach, chopped water chestnuts and artichokes and continue sautéing for about 5 minutes.
- Finally add the cream cheese, sour cream and half of the low-fat cheddar cheese and half of the shredded parmesan and stir until the cream cheese is melted and all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour the dip into the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheddar cheese and parmesan.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes. If the top is browning too much, cover with aluminum foil and continue baking until the time is up.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, sour dough bread or carrots and celery.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Spinach Dip, Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Weight Watcher Spinach Dip