- 1 ¼ cups milk (regular, almond or cashew milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 ounces Sahale Pomegranate Vanilla Cashew Glazed mix
- 1 loaf Brioche bread (17.6 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cavity muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla paste or extract, and cinnamon. Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into a measuring cup or pouring vessel.
- Next, grind 3 ounces of Sahale Pomegranate Vanilla Cashew Glazed mix in a small food processor into crumbs, only crushing them until they were broken into small pieces.
- To fill the muffin tin, you have two choices. First, you can:
- Break the Brioche into small pieces and divide evenly between the muffin cups. Layer some of the cashew blend in together with the Brioche bread.
- Slowly pour the egg filling over the bread, dividing evenly between each one. Sprinkle remaining cashew mix on top.
- Or, you can:
- Break the bread apart and add the pieces into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the cashew blend and mix well. The bread is very absorbent, so it deflates a bit after mixing. Fill your muffin cups.
- Bake at 350°F for 23 to 25 minutes. Allow the French toast muffins to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before trying to remove.
- Serve warm with maple syrup. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or microwave oven when ready to serve.