This Oreo Frosting is incredibly silk, light and fluffy and tastes just like the filling of an Oreo cookie! It’s perfect for cakes chocolate cupcakes or vanilla cupcakes too!
- 3 sticks (1 ½ cups) Unsalted butter
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 12 Oreos, crushed
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut the butter into pieces. Using the paddle attachment, whip the butter at medium high speed for 3-4 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally. Beat the butter until it looks lighter in color.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, 2 cups at a time, adding the heavy whipping cream intermittently, mixing on low speed until it’s incorporated into the butter. Then increase the speed to high and beat for 30-60 seconds. Repeat until all your powdered sugar has been added.
- In a food processor, grind the Oreos into a fine crumb. Add the crushed Oreos to the frosting along with the vanilla extract. Slowly beat the crumbs into the frosting then beat at a high speed for 60 seconds.
- In a large piping bag fitted with a large closed star tip, pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and place an Oreo in the side. Store in an air tight container.
- This recipe will frost 24 cupcakes
- If you don’t have heavy whipping cream, you can substitute milk
- If you would like to frost a 9×13-inch cake, you can half this recipe
- If you’d like to frost an 8-inch 3 layer cake, add an additional stick of butter, 1-2 more cups of powdered sugar and 6 more Oreos. Add additional heavy cream as needed