Mascarpone Whipped Cream is a thick, more stable whipped cream made with mascarpone cheese, heavy cream and powdered sugar. Sweetened with vanilla or a citrus zest, this is the perfect topping for cupcakes, cakes and even tiramisu.
For 12-18 cupcakes:
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, cold
- 1 1/4 cup (296 ml) heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup (65 g) powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
For a 3 layer cakes:
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese, cold
- 2 ½ cup (592ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cup (163g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill.
- Spoon the COLD mascarpone whipped cream into your bowl and beat on a medium-low speed (speed 3 on your stand mixer). Slowly pour in the heavy cream, allowing the mascarpone cheese to turn to a liquid consistency.
- Then increase the mixing speed to high (speed 8-10) and beat it until soft peaks form.
- Next, add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beating on low until sugar is incorporated. Then continue beating at a high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Keep your mascarpone whipped cream refrigerated, as well as any desserts that you added this too. If kept in the fridge in your bowl for too long, you may need to rewhip it, adding additional powdered sugar to re-thicken. I prefer to use it right away.
- Great to flavor with citrus zests as well