Mascarpone Whipped Cream Frosting is a thick, stable whipped cream made with mascarpone cheese, heavy cream and powdered sugar.
For 12-18 cupcakes:
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, cold
- 1 1/4 cup (296 ml) heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup (65 g) powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) pure vanilla extract
For a 3 layer cakes (makes approximately 4 cups)
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese, cold
- 2 ½ cup (592ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cup (163g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill.
- Spoon the mascarpone cream into your bowl and beat on a medium-low speed (speed 3 on your stand mixer). Slowly pour in the heavy cream, about 1 cup, allowing the mascarpone cheese to turn to a liquid consistency.
- Add the remaining heavy cream then increase the mixing speed to high (speed 8-10) and beat it until soft peaks form.
- Next, add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beating on low until sugar is incorporated. Continuing beating at a high speed until stiff peaks form.
- This is best prepared and used right away. I don’t recommend preparing in advance. If kept in the fridge in your bowl for too long, you may need to rewhip it, adding additional powdered sugar to re-thicken.
- If used right away to frost cupcakes or a cake, this will stay fresh for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- Category: Frosting
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy frosting recipe, whipped cream recipe,