With just 6 ingredients, you can make these 7 Up Biscuits completely from scratch. They are the fluffiest, flakiest homemade biscuits you’ll ever make and they can be on the table in just 30 minutes!
- 2 ½ cups (350g) all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons (14g) baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (56g) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- ¼ cup (48g) vegetable shortening, cold and cubed
- ½ cup (120g) sour cream, cold
- ⅔ cup (158ml) 7 UP
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut the butter and shortening into the flour mixture until the mixture is crumbly in texture.
- Add the sour cream and use a rubber spatula to press and mix in. Once well mixed and coated, add the 7 UP and mix to combine.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean, well-floured surface. Press the dough out into a 1” thick circle.
- Use a biscuit cutter or glass to cut out as many biscuits as you can. Press the excess dough back together and continue cutting out the biscuits until there’s no dough remaining. Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 11-13 minutes, until golden brown. Once baked, remove from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack. Serve warm.
- Storing: Store these homemade biscuits in an airtight container or baggie for up to 3 days
- Freeze: Yes, these 7-Up biscuits can be frozen. Allow them to cool completely then freeze in a Ziploc bag or other freezer container. You can reheat them directly from frozen in the microwave or oven.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: flaky biscuits, homemade biscuits, easy biscuits