These Almond Sticky Buns with Nutella® Hazelnut Spread are perfectly flakey, with a buttery, brown sugar filling and sliced almonds. Top these Almond Sticky Buns with Nutella® Hazelnut Spread for the best breakfast.
For the dough:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
For the filling:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sliced almonds, chopped
For the topping:
- 14 tablespoons Nutella® Hazelnut Spread (1 tablespoon per serving)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, year and salt and whisk to combine.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and allow butter to cool
- Combine the melted butter with the sugar, milk and eggs and whisk to combine. Pour the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture and mix together until it forms a ball of dough.
- Gently knead the dough in the bowl or on a well-floured surface until the dough is smooth and springy.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp towel. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until it’s doubled in size, approximately 1 hour.
- Place the dough on a well-floured surface and roll it into a large rectangle, about ½” thick (slightly large than a 9×13” pan)
- Spread the butter over the dough, coating evenly then sprinkle the brown sugar and sliced almonds over the butter.
- Tightly roll the dough into a long roll and cut into 14 slices. Place them in a 9×13” pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm with 1 tablespoon of Nutella® Hazelnut Spread per sticky buns
- These are best served the day of baking
- 1 cup of butter for the filling is not a mistake!
- Add additional brown sugar and sliced almonds as you wish
- See more recipe ideas with Nutella® Hazelnut Spread here!