This Apple Pie Dip is Deep Fried Pie Crust chips with a stovetop apple pie filling.
- 4 Large apples, sliced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 2 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 4 C Vegetable oil
- 1 half of a Refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- For the pie filling: Peel and slice your apples into small pieces. Place in a medium size saucepan. Squeeze the juice from a whole lemon over the apples.
- Add all of your dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and apple pie spice. Mix all ingredients well and then add maple syrup.
- Using a saucepan on medium high heat, cook the apples for about 10-15 minutes until they begin to brown and bubble. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate if necessary.
- To prepare the pie chips: Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan until it reaches 365°. Proceed with caution as oil is very hot.
- Remove one of the two refrigerated pie crusts and slice into small squares, about 1-2” wide.
- Place a few pieces of pie crust in hot oil for 30 seconds and flip over. Cook for another 30 seconds until golden brown.
- Remove pie crusts from oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drip off excess oil. Allow to cool.
- Once all crust has been deep fried, lightly brush with melted butter.
- Place pie chips in a large Ziploc bag with cinnamon and sugar. Gently shake to coat.
- As an alternative to deep-frying, you can also cook the pie crust chips in the oven on 350° for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Category: Dessert