These Baked Chiptole Chicken Taquitos are filled with chicken, beans, cheese and a spicy tomatillo avocado salsa. Baked and not fried, these crispy taquitos are the perfect weekday dinner.
- 1 pound thin sliced chicken breast, seasoned
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- Juice of 1 large lime,
- 1 can (16oz) refried beans (black or pinto)
- ½ cups finely shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 recipe Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
- 30 corn tortillas (5–6 inches in diameter)
- Cooking spray
- Season and grill the chicken until thoroughly cooked.
- Use your stand mixer or two forks to shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Stir in 2 chipotle peppers and 2 teaspoons of adobe sauce. Toss the chicken until thoroughly coated. Squeeze the lime juice over the chicken and toss.
- Prepare a can of refried beans, cooking over medium to low heat until the beans are well heated.
- Prepare a batch of tomatillo avocado salsa.
- To assemble the taquitos, preheat the oven to 425°F. Wrap 6 tortillas at a time in a damp paper towel. Microwave for 45 seconds.
- Take one tortilla and assemble the filling in the middle of the tortilla. One spoonful of refried beans, about 1 teaspoons of tomatillo salsa, a pinch of cheese and shredded chicken.
- Roll the tortillas tightly and place seam-side down on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425°F for for 10-12 minutes. Rotate the taquitos so the seam side is up and bake for an addition 5 minutes.
- Serve with Guacamole, sour cream or salsa
- Our preferred tortilla brand to use is Guerrero brand
- Consider using rotisserie chicken to cut down on the prep time
- Recipe adapted from Trish at Mom on Timeout
- Save leftover chipotle and adobo sauce. Place 2 chipotles about 1 tablespoons of sauce in a Ziploc bag. Seal and freeze.