These irresistible Banana Cream Pie Cookie cups combine your favorite parts of banana cream pie but in a mini cookie cup instead of pie crust.
- For the crust
- 1 ¼ cup Nilla Wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For the cookie
- ½ C Unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ C Sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz) Instant vanilla (or banana) pudding
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- For the mousse
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 pkg Instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 1/2 medium bananas. sliced
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a mini muffin pan with cookie spray or Crisco.
- Use a food processor to grind Nilla Wafers into a fine crumb.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted. Combine melted butter with Nilla wafer crumbs and stir until there are no dry crumbs lefts.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of Nilla Wafers into the bottom of the mini muffin pan. Press down with a spoon or tart shaper.
- Allow butter to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes or microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. Combine butter and sugar in your stand mixer and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat into butter and sugar until thoroughly mixed.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, dry pudding mix, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into batter. If dough is a little dry, add 1 tablespoon of milk. Set dough aside.
- Drop 1-1.5 tablespoons of dough into the greased mini muffin pan on top of the Nilla Wafers. Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Use a tart shaper or the back of a spoon to gently push down the middle of the cookies. Allow to cool completely in the pan. You may need to run a knife around the edge of the cookies to help release them from the pan.
- Put bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 minutes until completely cold. Whip heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate whipped cream.
- Combine instant banana pudding mix with milk. Whisk until powder dissolves. Refrigerate until the pudding is firm. Take 1 cup of the prepared whipped cream and fold it into pudding until mixed. Do not mix vigorously as it will deflate the whipped cream. Refrigerate the mousse until you are ready to assemble cookies.
- To assemble the cookies, put the mouse in a Ziploc bag. Cut the tip off the end of the bag and gently fill the middle of the cookie cup with mousse. Divide between cookie cups.
- Top the mousse with a dollop of the leftover whipped cream and serve with a slice of fresh banana.
- Cookies must be refrigerated in an airtight container after the mousse has been added
I suggest to add the sliced bananas right before serving to prevent them from browning. I use a larger than standard size mini muffin pan. For a standard size mini muffin pan, use a little less graham cracker and a little less cookie dough.