Light, fluffy muffins are loaded with mashed bananas and crunchy walnuts in this quick and easy breakfast! These healthy Banana Nut Muffins will delight your taste buds and fuel your body with essential nutrients like protein, fiber and potassium.
- 1 1/4 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (190g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (210g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cups chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with liners.
- Peel and mash the bananas with a potato masher or a fork.
- Combine the fully mashed bananas with the oil, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Beat all of the wet ingredients until everything is well combined. Add the sugar and beat until it’s incorporated.
- Combine the remaining dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the bowl of wet ingredients and beat until it just starts to combine.
- Add the chopped walnuts and stir the batter with a spatula to finish incorporating the flour mixture.
- Fill each liner about 3/4 of the way full with batter. Bake the muffins for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let the muffins rest in the pan for about 5-10 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack. Allow them to cool to room temperature or slightly warmer before digging in.
- To Store: Store cooled muffins in an airtight container at room temperature with a piece of paper towel underneath them. Enjoy within 3-4 days. If desired, warm up individual muffins in the microwave before enjoying.
- To Freeze: Wrap each muffin in plastic wrap and freeze them in a resealable storage bag for up to 1 month. Unwrap and thaw on the counter before enjoying.
- Measure the Bananas: It’s an extra step but too many bananas will cause a soggy muffin and too little will result in a dry muffin.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana muffin healthy, easy muffins, healthy breakfast muffins