This Banana Pudding Tiramisu is layered with the ladyfingers, a thick layer of mousse, fresh sliced banana and repeat. It’s topped off with a layer of whipped cream and sprinkled with some Nilla wafer because it wouldn’t be banana pudding without Nilla wafers.
- For the filling:
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 package vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 4 tablespoons rum
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 medium bananas
- 2 pkg Lady fingers (7oz)
- For the topping:
- 1 container Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream)
- Nilla wafer crumbs (optional)
- For the filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese at low speed for 30 seconds with the whisk attachment to eliminate any lumps. Increase the speed to medium and slowly start adding heavy whipping cream, about ½ cup at a time. The idea is to slowly add the cream so that the mascarpone cheese will not be lumpy; it should resemble a liquid consistency.
- Increase speed to medium-high, and as the mixture starts to thicken, slowly add the powdered sugar. Increase the mixing speed to high and beat until soft peaks form.
- Lastly, add the pudding mix and beat into the filling, which will thicken very quickly.
- For the layers: In a bowl, combine the milk with the rum, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- To assemble the dessert, line the bottom of a 9-inch square dish with parchment paper.
- Dip the top and bottom of each ladyfinger in the milk mixture and line the bottom of the dish with one layer of dipped ladyfingers. You may need to cut the ladyfingers in order to fit two rows into the dish.
- Once the bottom layer is built, spread half the mousse over top.
- Thinly slice the bananas and add a single layer over top of the mousse.
- Add the next layer of dipped ladyfingers, followed by the remaining mousse, another layer and another layer of sliced bananas.
- For the topping: Spread the thawed whipped cream over the bananas and garnish with crushed Nilla Wafers.
- Refrigerate the tiramisu for 4-6 hours until the mousse is more firm. Keep stored in an airtight container for 2 days.
This is best consumed within 2 days of preparation
I used Jell-O instant Vanilla Bean Pudding , it’s a newer flavor and it’s splendid.
For homemade whipped cream use 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream and ¾ cups powdered sugar. To make your own whipped cream: Place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until it’s bubbly. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the top layer of sliced bananas.