- 1 medium banana, smashed
- 1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or cow’s milk or water)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup walnuts, crushed
- Mash the banana with a fork until smooth and there are no large pieces left.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine protein pancake mix, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, bananas and walnuts, and stir with a spatula or whisk to combine.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of pancake batter and pour into pan slowly. The batter will be thick so you may need to spread with a spoon.
- Griddle pancakes for 1 ¾ -2 minutes per side.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and additional bananas or walnuts.
- To increase this recipe, use 1 banana per cup of Krusteaz mix, and follow the instructions for the liquid ingredients on the box. Add additional nuts and cinnamon to taste.
- These can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.