These Bourbon Pecan Pie Bars feature a buttery shortbread crust with a bourbon spike filling loaded with pecans and chocolate chips.
For the crust
- 4 boxes Walker Pure Butter Shortbread Triangle Cookies (5.3 oz)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ C Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- ¼ C Bourbon
- ¼ C Corn syrup
- 1/3 C Evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 C Pecans
- ½ C Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 9-inch by 13-inch pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Grind Walkers Shortbread into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender. Put crumbs in a microwave-safe bowl. Add butter and microwave for 45-60 seconds until butter is melted. Stir to coat shortbread cookies in butter. Press crust firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Pre-bake crust for 10 minutes at 400°F.
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla and flour in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy; 2-3 minutes. Add egg and continue beating until well combined, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add bourbon, corn syrup and evaporated milk and mix until all ingredients are blended. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour filling into pre-baked shortbread crust.
- Bake bars at 400° for 15-20 minutes until filling is set. Filling should not be jiggly but rather still a little soft. Use a toothpick to test the middle. If the toothpick is clean, the filling is baked through.
- Allow filling to set and cool for 3 hours and refrigerate before cutting.