These Bourbon Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies are a made up of classic oatmeal cookies that are loaded with chocolate chips and infused with with bourbon whiskey and swirls of sweet, buttery caramel. They’re soft, chewy, and hearty with perfectly crisped edges.
- 20 Kraft caramel squares or appx 1 cup caramel bits
- 2 teaspoons (10g) salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) milk
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup (143g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons (7.5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) bourbon
- 2 3/4 cups (330g) all-purpose Flour
- 2 ½ cups (250g) old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon (4g) baking soda
- 1 bag (11oz) chocolate chips
- Flakey sea salt for garnish
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and milk. Microwave in 20-second increments, stirring each time. Caramel will be very hot and can burn easily. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt. All the caramel to cool.
- Soften the butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Combine the softened butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the eggs, vanilla extract and bourbon and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients (as well as the other tsp salt), slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing at low speed until the dough starts to form. Before the dough thickens, add the chocolate chips. Beat a couple of times until they start to incorporate.
- Once the caramel is cooled, add to cookie dough. Beat just until combined.
- Pre-scoop the dough using a large cookie scoop and place it on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt. Refrigerate for at least one hour and up to 24 hours in advance. Remove each batch 10-15 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes. The center of the cookie should be slightly underbaked but not too gooey. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Oatmeal Cookies, Cookie Recipe, salted caramel cookies