Soft, buttery and flavored with endless flavor, these Brown Sugar Pop-Tart Cookies are everything you want from the classic Pop-Tart Flavor. They’re thick, soft and chewy, the perfect cookie texture.
For the Cookies
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (110g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup (190g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (420g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Frosted Brown Sugar Pop Tarts
For the Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a large cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. To soften the butter quickly, microwave for 10-15 seconds, otherwise let it come to room temperature.
- Chop the Pop-Tarts into small pieces.
- Combine the butter with the sugars and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into the butter and sugar until the eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients. Slowly add into the batter and beat on medium-low speed until most of the flour is incorporated, then add the Pop-Tarts and mix to combine. Increase the speed of the mixer and beat until the dough comes together.
- Use a large cookie scoop to portion the dough. Place on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Press the top of the cookie flat before baking. You can cut up leftover Pop-Tart pieces to place on top of the dough balls if you want.
- Bake at 350° F 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Storing baked cookies: Baked cookies will last in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days, in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Preparing the dough: To prepare the dough ahead of time, pre-scoop and store in an airtight container. Keep refrigerated for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to bake, thaw the dough in the fridge if frozen, bring to room temperature then bake as directed.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Americn
Keywords: Easy Cookie Recipe, Brown sugar cookies