Made with vanilla cake mix, heavy whipping cream, and sprinkles this Cake Batter Whipped Cream transforms traditional homemade whipped cream into a sweet treat. Use this flavored whipped cream as a topping on cakes, cupcakes, and even no-bake desserts.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup dry vanilla cake mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- Place the metal bowl and whisk attachment in freezer for about 15 minutes so they are good and cold.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into mixing bowl and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the yellow cake mix and powdered sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Lastly, add the sprinkles gently mix to combine. Keep refrigerated.
Powdered sugar: My original recipe did not include powdered sugar but I do believe this makes it more stable for piping
Heat-treated cake mix: If you’d prefer not to eat raw flour, then you can bake the cake mix ahead of time to kill off any potential bacteria.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the cake mix on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the temperature of the cake mix reaches 160°F
- The cake mix may be clumpy, in which case I recommend sifting through a mesh sieve prior to using. Cool completely before adding to the whipped cream.
- Category: Frosting
- Method: Stand Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: flavored whipped cream, homemade whipped cream, whipped cream frosting