Make irresistible Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies loaded with old-fashioned oats and melty chocolate! These easy oatmeal cookies are slightly underbaked with buttery edges and finished with flaked sea salt.
- 1 cup (229 g) Unsalted butter, cold
- 1 ½ cups (330 g) Light brown sugar
- ½ cup (95 g) Granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups (270 g) All-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups (120g) Rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 oz) Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Flakey sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Soften the cold butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Combine the softened butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes. Next, add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until the dough starts to form. Before the dough thickens, add the chocolate chips. Beat a couple of times until they start to incorporate.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Scoop the dough using a large cookie scoop and place it on a sheet pan, 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. The center of the cookie should be slightly under-baked but not too gooey. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- When your cookies come out of the oven and they do spread or are misshaped, take a flat edge, such as a knife, and press the edges of the cookie back towards the middle of the cookie, shaping it into a circle.
- A single batch will make 10-12 cookies with a large cookie scoop
- A double batch will make 20-24 cookies with a large cookie scoop
- Storing: Store the cooled chocolate chip oatmeal cookies airtight for up to 3-5 days.
- Freezing: Place them in an airtight container to keep them frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost the cookies uncovered at room temperature. To freeze the dough, portion it out using the cookie scoop, and flash freeze for 30 minutes on a cookie sheet. Transfer the frozen balls of cookie dough to an airtight container. Allow the dough to come to room temperature prior to baking.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe, chewy oatmeal cookies