This Chicken Strawberry Salad with a homemade lemon vinaigrette dressing is the perfect summer salad whether it’s lunch time or dinner time. Fresh spring mix with lemon pepper chicken, fresh strawberries and an easy lemon vinaigrette salad dressing are the perfect mix of flavors, something sweet and something savory.
For the salad:
- 1 pound chicken, seasoned, grilled & chopped
- 5 ounces baby spring mix
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries (optional)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Goat cheese for garnish (optional)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2–2½ tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- For the salad: season and grill the chicken, allow to cool. Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl to combined. Toss with dressing or serve dressing on the side.
- For the vinaigrette: combine all the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and shake to combine. If you prefer a less salty dressing, start with ¼ teaspoon. Add additional vinegar or lemon juice to taste. Store dressing at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Chicken can be seasoned with your favorite salt & pepper seasoning. I love Crazy Jane’s Mix Up Salt or Trader Joe’s Lemon Pepper grinders.