This easy Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipes is out-of-this-world. It’s everything you want in a homemade chocolate cake. It’s light, fluffy and super moist. This chocolate bundt cake is covered in a rich chocolate ganache.
For the cake
- 1 ½ cups (285g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup (118 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon (14.8ml) vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (177 ml) light sour cream
- 2 cups (280 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (55g) Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon (6g) espresso powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons (7.5 g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) salt
- 1 cup (236 ml) brewed coffee
- ¼ cup (59m) milk (I use nonfat)
For the ganache
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- 9 tablespoons (133 ml) heavy whipping cream
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease and flour your bundt pan using a combination of flour and cocoa powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar for approximately 2 minutes until well combined.
- Next add the vegetable oil, vanilla extract and sour cream. Beat on medium speed until well incorporated. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add half the dry ingredients and half of the liquid ingredients and mix just until the flour starts to incorporate.
- Finally add the remaining dry ingredients and liquid ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and stir the batter from the bottom to the top to ensure it’s well mixed.
- Pour the batter in the prepared bundt pan and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, keeping a careful eye on the baking during the last few minutes.
- Test the cake for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is done.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack, and after 5 minutes, run a knife around the outside edge of your cake and in the center to release it from the sides of the pan. Turn it out onto a plate or cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Serve with berries and whipped cream or chocolate ganache.
For the ganache:
- Combine the chocolate and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 60-90 seconds.
- Allow it to sit for about 1 minute before stirring and then stir until it’s completely smooth.
- Allow the ganache to cool for 5-10 minutes. Drizzle over the cooled bundt cake.
- Baking times will vary depending on the type and size pan you use. Bake on a rack that is centered in your oven. Recommend using at least a 10 cup bundt pan
- To ensure your bundt cake doesn’t stick, generously grease and flour the pan. I prefer using Crisco spread, not baking spray.
- Since this is a chocolate bundt, I like to combine a little bit of flour with cocoa powder to dust the pan
- I let my cake cool in the pan for only about 5 minutes, then run a knife around the outside edge of your cake and in the center to release it from the sides of the pan. Turn it out onto a wire cooling rack.
- Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Cocoa powder can be substituted with regular cocoa powder if needed
- You cannot omit the sour cream. If you don’t have sour cream, you can use a nonfat Greek yogurt
- If you don’t want to use brewed coffee, you can use hot water instead (or additional milk) but note this also makes the cake color darker, so with water your color won’t be the same
- Category: Cake