Rich and creamy chocolate cheesecake bars with a thick Oreo crust. This recipe is made with a combination of melted chocolate and cocoa powder, these will satisfy even the most intense chocolate cravings!
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 4–5 tablespoons (56g) unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces (226g) chocolate, melted
- 16 ounces (452g) full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (63g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (14g) cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (60g) sour cream, at room temperature
For the Toppings (optional):
- 3/4 cup (177ml) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons (16g) powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon (7g) cocoa powder
- Touch of vanilla extract
- Fresh Fruit of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray then line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Grind the Oreo cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs with the melted butter and stir until well combined. Press into the prepared pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and cocoa powder until well combined and free of any lumps, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Next beat in the eggs, vanilla and sour cream and finally add the melted chocolate and beat until all ingredients are well combined. Pour the batter over the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes. The centers of the cheesecake should be slightly giggly. Remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan. Then refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours prior to serving. Keep stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Add toppings prior to serving.
- For the topping: Prepare the whipped cream. Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks start to form. Slowly add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spoon onto the chilled cheesecake and top with fresh fruit.
Make ahead: These can be prepared up to 2 day in advance and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Make sure they are completely cooled prior to placing in the container.
Freezing instructions: To freeze them, chill them for a minimum of 2 hours and then transfer to an airtight container and place in the freezer for up to one month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Add the toppings prior to serving.
Pan size: This recipe is made in a 9-inch square pan but can also be made in an 8-inch square pan. Add additional baking time, maybe around 5 minutes. You’ll need to keep an eye on it so as not to over bake. To make in a 9×13 inch pan, double this recipe.
Chocolate for the cheesecake: It’s best to use high quality chocolate. I recommend using a dark chocolate, at least 72% cocoa, but if you don’t prefer dark chocolate, any type of chocolate will work. Chocolate bars are easier to melt and once melted, have a better consistency than chocolate chip.
- Category: Cheesecake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cheesecake Bars, Chocolate Cheesecake, Mini Cheesecakes, Easy Cheesecake recipe