Thick and chewy, these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are quick and easy to make, with less than 10 minutes of prep. They have all the flavors of your favorite chocolate chip cookies and little of the work. A family favorite recipe!
- 1 ½ cups (339g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (330g) light brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cups (143g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3 ¾ cups (525g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons (7g) salt
- 1 teaspoon (4g) baking soda
- 2 cups (1, 11oz bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Maldon Flakey Sea Salt for Garnish
- Combine the softened butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until the dough starts to form. Before the dough thickens, add the chocolate chips (reserve a small handful to sprinkle on top of the dough). Beat until incorporated.
- Press the cookie dough into a 9-inch by 13-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the top with a few more chocolate chips. Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes. Once out of the oven, sprinkle with flakey sea salt. Allow the cookie bars to cool completely before slicing.
- Storing: Chocolate chip cookie bars will last for up to 5 days. Keep the pan tightly covered or slice them and transfer them to an airtight container.
- Make them your own: Add chopped nuts, peanut butter chips, M&M or Reese’s Pieces, Sprinkles
- Freezing: You can also freeze the bars for 3 months. Either wrap them as single bars, or slice and store in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Cool completely before freezing.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip bars, chocolate chip cookie recipes, cookie bar recipes