Light and fluffy these Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins are loaded with chocolate and a warm cinnamon flavor. Moist and tender, these are the best zucchini muffins you’ll ever try.
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini (2 small or 1 medium)
- ½ cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) pure Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (48g) sour Cream
- 1 cup (190g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups (210g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (7.5g) Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (4.2g) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups (135g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a muffin with muffin liners.
- Grate zucchini: Using the large cheese grater, grate the zucchini with the skin on. Use a paper towel to squeeze out extra water in the zucchini and fluff with a fork.
- Combine the wet ingredients: eggs, oil, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Beat all the ingredients together until well combined. Add the sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl: flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and beat just until it starts to combine.
- Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips using a spatula and finish mixing the batter by hand.
- Fill the muffin pan ¾ full. Drop a few extra chocolate chips on top if desired. Bake at 375°F for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean. Cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Add in your chopped nuts for some extra crunch.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini bread muffins, best zucchini muffins, moist zucchini muffins