Turn regular old Oreo cookies into an indulgent late-night treat with these Chocolate Covered Oreos! They’re so easy to make in under 15 minutes.
- 1 bag (14oz) Oreos (flavor of choice)
- 10 ounce (283g) chocolate wafers
- 10 ounces (283g) white chocolate wafers
- Garnishes (Sprinkles, etc)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate wafers at 50% power in 30 second intervals; stir between each interval and continue until the chocolate is melted. Reduce microwave time as needed so the chocolate does not burn.
- Place the Oreo in the bowl of chocolate and use a fork to flip the Oreo around until it’s completely covered. Use the fork to lift the Oreo out of the chocolate, tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate and scrape the bottom of the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove additional chocolate. Place on a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and repeat with remaining Oreos.
- Chocolate wafers tend to set quickly, so if you’d like to add sprinkles or other toppings, then it’s best to do so right away. Or, you can add a chocolate drizzle and then add sprinkles to the drizzle.
- Wait until the chocolate has fully set, then apply the drizzle with leftover melted chocolate. Do this by filling a small piping bag or Ziploc bag with 2-3 tablespoons of melted chocolate and cut off the tip/corner of the bag. Drizzle and allow to set.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate covered oreos, chocolate dipped oreos, oreo recipe, oreo dessert, oreo cookie recipe, easy dessert idea, simple dessert recipes, quick dessert recipe