These homemade Chocolate Covered Pretzels are a quick and easy dessert, with only 4 ingredients! Customize them for any holiday and enjoy this chocolate treat year-round. Perfect for gift-giving too!
- 10 ounces (283g) chocolate wafers
- 10 ounces(283g) white chocolate wafers (optional)
- 1 bag (12oz) Pretzel rods or 1 (16oz) bag mini pretzel twists
- Garnishes (sprinkles, nuts crushed cookies etc)
- Melt the chocolate: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt half the chocolate wafers at 50% power in 30 second intervals; stir after each interval and continue until chocolate is melted. Reduce microwave time as needed so the chocolate does not burn. Melt additional chocolate as needed.
- For pretzel twists: Place a handful or pretzels in the bowl of chocolate and use a fork to flip the, around until completely covered. Use the fork to lift the pretzels out of the chocolate, tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate and scrape the bottom of the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove additional chocolate. Place on a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and repeat with remaining pretzels.
- For pretzel rods: Fill a tall glas about 1/3 full of melted chocolate. Tilt the glass sideways and dip the pretzel in the chocolate, swirling to cover each side. Tap of excess chocolate and scrape one side of the pretzel on the edge of the glass. Place on a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Decorate: The chocolate tends to set quickly, so if you’d like to add sprinkles or other toppings, then it’s best to do so right away.
- Chocolate drizzle: To add a chocolate drizzle, wait until the chocolate has set and then apply the drizzle. Fill a small piping bag with 2-3 tablespoons of melted chocolate and cut off the tip of the piping bag. Drizzle and allow to set.
- The chocolate can set or harden quickly, so I recommend using no more than half a bag at a time unless you are using a melting pot.
- One 10-ounce bag is enough to cover a bag of pretzel rods. For a full bag of mini pretzels, you may want three 10oz bags of chocolate.
- Ghirardelli chocolate wafers are my go-to. They come in milk, dark and white chocolate.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate covered pretzel rods, chocolate dipped pretzels, chocolate pretzel rods