This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna is loaded with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and packed with layers of chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake.
- 8oz Cool Whip
- 1 pk Instant Dark chocolate pudding (3.4oz)
- 1 ¾ C Milk
- 1 pkg (8oz) Cream cheese
- ¾ C Creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 boxes Chocolate Graham Crackers
- 15–18 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Hot Fudge Sauce (2-3 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- Allow Cool Whip to thaw to room temperature.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine chocolate pudding and milk, whisking until pudding mix is dissolved. Refrigerate 5-10 minutes until pudding is firm.
- Allow cream cheese to soften to room temperature or microwave for 15 seconds. Don’t forget to remove the wrapper! Beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Scrap down the sides of the bowl.
- Add peanut butter and beat into cream cheese.
- Lastly, add heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract to cream cheese mixture. Start at a low speed until the heavy cream is incorporated and then increase speed to medium high. Whip for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Chop Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into small pieces.
- To build the lasagna, lay a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of a 9-inch by 13-inch pan. Lay out the chocolate graham crackers to cover the bottom of the pan. For one edge, you will need to break the graham crackers apart.
- Use an offset spatula and spread a layer of the peanut butter mixture over the graham crackers. You will need to use your fingers to hold the crackers together until you get this layer down.
- Finish the layer by spreading half the chocolate pudding on top. Spread evenly. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups and gently press into the pudding layer.
- Continue to build the next layer with graham crackers. Spread another layer of peanut butter sauce followed by remaining chocolate pudding. Sprinkle with Reese’s peanut butter cups pieces and gently press into the pudding mix.
- Finish it off with the top layer of chocolate graham crackers. Spread Cool Whip on top of the graham crackers.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup pieces. Now time for the Drizzle. Heat a jar of hot fudge sauce for 30-60 seconds into the microwave until smooth. Drizzle sauce over the top of the Cool Whip.
- For the peanut butter, put in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30-45 seconds. Drizzle over the Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Cake must stay refrigerated and can be prepared a day in advance.
One thing that can be helpful to drizzle the hot fudge and peanut butter sauce is to pour it in a piping bag or Ziploc bag, and just cut the tip off.
I suggest to refrigerate this recipe for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the ingredients to set and flavors to merge together.