These Chocolate Reese’s Cake Mix Cookies are soft-baked and loaded with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- 1⅔ C Flour
- 1 C Chocolate cake mix (powder)
- 2 tbsp Dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ C Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 15 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine dry ingridents: flour, cake mix, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Stir and set aside.
- Soften butter in the microwave for 15 seconds. Combine softened butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Reduce mixer to low speed and slowly add dry ingredients and mix until dough forms. Turn off mixer.
- Unwrap and chop up 15 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into pieces about the size of a dime. Add to dough and turn mixer on low speed just until peanut butter cups are combined.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of cookie dough (per cookie) onto a lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the sheet for several minutes before transferring to a wire rack.