This moist and fluffy cinnamon sugar bread is an easy vanilla-flavored quick bread recipe swirled with thick ribbons of buttery cinnamon streusel.
For the bread
- 1 1/4 cup (150g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (143g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons (7.5g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (118ml) full-fat sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) milk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) pure vanilla extract
For the Streusel:
- ¼ cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons (41g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons (24g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (7.5g) cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons (42g) unsalted butter, cold
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the eggs, oil, sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat all the ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients for the streusel and whisk to combine. Next, add the cold butter. Using a fork or pastry cutter, press the butter together with the dry ingredients until it’s well combined. The mixture should be crumbly but stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- In the loaf pan, layer half the batter in the pan, then add half the streusel and gently swirl. Add the remaining batter on top and finally, the remaining streusel.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- Sour cream substitute: If you don’t have sour cream, you can use plain or Greek yogurt instead.
- Storage: Keep the bread stored in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
- Make ahead: This loaf will stay moist for a few days, but it’s best when served within 2 days of preparing.
- Freezing instructions: Cool the loaf completely and then double-wrap it in plastic wrap.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cinnamon bread recipe, cinnamon sugar bread, cinnamon swirl bread