A brownie stuffed with Circus Animal Cookies and topped with a cake batter cookie.
- 1 box Brownie Mix
- 1 large Egg
- 1/3 C Oil
- 1 bag Circus Animal Cookies
For the cookie dough
- 1/2 C Butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 C Light brown sugar
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Butter extract (optional)
- 1 3/4 C Flour
- 1/4 C Vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 C Sprinkles
- 1/2 C Crushed Circus Animal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine brownie mix, egg and vegetable oil. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Line a 9×13” pan with parchment paper or a baking mat. Pour brownie mixture over the baking mat and spread evenly.
- Line the brownie layer with Circus Animal Cookies, about .5” away from each other.
- Prepare the cookie layer. Soften butter in the microwave 10-15 seconds. Combine butter with both light brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until smooth and mixture becomes fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and butter extract and beat until egg is thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, vanilla pudding, salt and baking soda. Slowly add flour mixture to dough batter while mixing at a low speed.
- Put a handful of Circus Animal Cookies in a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin or your hands to smash the cookies into pieces.
- Once all the flour has been added, increase speed to medium until dough forms. Add sprinkles and crushed Circus Animal Cookies and fold into cookie dough.
- Take the cookie dough and drop chunks onto the top of the brownie mixture, gently pressing them down into brownie batter.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes at 350°F. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting. Since I used a baking mat, I was able to completely remove the sheet of brookies from the pan before cutting.
Allow bars to cool completely before serving.