This Easy Pound Cake recipe is a fool-proof way to whip up the spongiest, moistest pound cake in town! Made with just a handful of ingredients, this soft and dense bundt cake goes great with fresh berries and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 1 ½ cups (339g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups (570g) granulated sugar
- 5 Large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (420g) sifted all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Generously greased and flour a 10-cup bundt pan. Allow the butter, eggs and milk to come to room temperature.
- Cream together the butter and sugar for several minutes until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add eggs 1 at a time and make sure each one is well mixed before adding the next. Mix in the vanilla extract with the last egg.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour first and then measure out 3 cups, then add the baking powder and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients and then half of the milk and mix just until combined, then add remaining ingredients. Continue beating until all ingredients are well combined.
- Bake at 325° for 55-65 minutes. Check to see if your cake is done by inserting a toothpick into the middle. If it comes out clean, your cake is done. Baking times may vary by oven and type of pan. Allow cake to cool for at least 30 minutes before attempting to remove from the pan. Gently run a knife around the outside and inside edge of the cake to release.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pound cake, how to make pound cake, old fashioned pound cake