A soft, cakey cookie filled with chewy shredded coconut, rich chocolate chips, and plenty of chai spice.
- 1/2 C Unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 C + 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 C Chai Spice Latte mix
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 C All-purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 C Chocolate chips
- 1 C Shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp Granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Allow butter to come to room temperature. Beat on medium speed for a couple minutes until soft.
- Combine butter with sugar and chai mix and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined, dough will start to form.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut and mix to incorporate.
- Spoon out two tablespoons of dough, roll in granulated sugar and place onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350° F for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden brown. Allow to cool for several minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Double this recipe for 3 dozen cookies. I used sweetened Chai spice latte mix from Trader Joes.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chai cookies