This Cold Crab Dip comes together in just a few minutes, with a handful of ingredients. With a cream cheese base, cocktail sauce, and lots of crabmeat, this easy party dip makes a great appetizer for holidays, game days, and other occasions as well.
- 8-ounce crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 12 ounces full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- ½ bottle cocktail sauce
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Crackers for serving
- Strain the can of crabmeat into a fine mesh strainer, gently run cold water over it to rinse, and then drain and flake the crab meat with a fork.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice until smooth and well combined. Beat in the chopped onion and then spread in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Next, spread the cocktail sauce over top of the cream cheese mixture and top with the crab meat and chopped parsley.
- Refrigerate for at least 60 minutes. Serve chilled with crackers for dipping.
Make-ahead instructions: I actually prefer to make this a day ahead, as I think it tastes even better after the flavors have had time to meld. If you plan to make it ahead, then I recommend adding the crab dip a couple of hours before serving.
Storage instructions: Cold crab dip can be stored in the fridge for 4 days or so, just keep it tightly wrapped with plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cold crab dip, crabmeat appetizer, party dip recipes