Quick & Easy and 5 ingredient Energy Balls- this recipe is a healthy snack for everyone to enjoy. Plus, no baking is required!
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries (unsweetened or sweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼– ½ tsp salt (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir together with a spatula until well combined.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop and press the mixture into the cookie scoop one at a time. Then gently roll each ball in your hands to press the ingredient together.
- Freeze for 20 minutes. Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- If you find your mixture is dry, add an extra tablespoon (one at a time) of honey or peanut butter until the mixture is pliable. The number one reason these are dry is because the oats were over measured.
- Storage and make ahead instructions: These can be prepared and kept frozen in an airtight container. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes prior to serving. If storing in the refrigerator, they can last up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
- Peanut butter: I recommend using a creamy, no-stir peanut butter. Natural peanut butter that requires stirring tends to be oilier.
- Other nut butters: Other nuts butters could be used, but it’s best to use no stir options when available or be sure to very thoroughly mix the nut butter prior to use.
- Honey or maple syrup: I prefer this recipe with honey, but maple syrup also works. You may need an extra tablespoon of two of maple syrup.
- Ingredient substitutions: The base recipe of oats, peanut butter and honey can be used to create just about any type of energy balls. Grab your favorite nut, dried fruit, chocolate chips etc. You might also like a touch of cinnamon, start with ½ teaspoon.
- Additional nutritional value: Swap out ¼ cup of oats for flax seed or chia seeds for a boost of nutrition. You can also add a scoop or two of protein power to your energy balls. Just adjust with additional wet ingredients as needed.
- This recipe can be prepared in a food processor. All of your ingredients can be added to the food processor at once and pulse until well combined and use the “dough” option to mix.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Energy Balls, Peanut butter energy balls, No-Bake energy balls, healthy energy balls, protein balls, no bake protein balls