These Classic Cream Cheese Cookies are soft & buttery, a little bit dense but just melts away in your mouth with each bite. Top these cream cheese cookies with a buttery pecan or roll them in some festive sprinkles for a holiday treat. These easy Christmas Cookies are perfect for cookie exchanges and gift bags!
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (190g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups (350g) all-purpose flour
- 24 Pecans or sprinkles for garnish
- Combine the butter and cream cheese and beat until well combined. Then add the sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix until it’s well combined.
- Slowly add the flour and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms.
- Chill for at least 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 350° Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Press a pecan into the top of each one or roll each ball in nonpareil sprinkles.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
- Category: Cookies
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Sodium: 12.9mg
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 18.8g
- Fiber: .5g
- Protein: 19.g
- Cholesterol: 31.6mg