Cream Cheese Whipped Cream is a thick, more stable whipped cream made with cream cheese, heavy cream and powdered sugar. Sweetened with vanilla or a citrus zest, this is the perfect topping for cupcakes and cakes.
- 8 ounces (1 pkg) full fat cream cheese, cold
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place your mixing bowl in the freezer or fridge 5-10 minutes before starting.
- Beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until cream cheese is smooth and free of lumps. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Slowly drizzle in the heavy whipping cream and continue beating until the cream cheese resembles a liquid mixture.
- Continue to add the remaining heavy whipping cream and beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until still peaks form. Use immediately and keep refrigerated.
This makes enough to frost 24 cupcakes or a 9×13 inch cake.
- Category: Frosting
Keywords: Cream cheese frosting, cream cheese whipped cream, whipped cream frosting