This Creamy Homemade Hummus dip is wonderfully easy to make and so flavorful! Naturally vegan and gluten-free, you can customize this hummus recipe to get your ideal flavor and texture!
- 1 15 oz jar Chickpeas
- 2–3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon water (additional as needed)
- Drain the chickpeas in a strainer and rinse thoroughly until the water runs clean. Peel garlic.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until ingredients are completely smooth. If the mixture seems thick, you can add any of the additional liquid ingredients to taste: Tahini, olive oil, lemon juice or water.
- Serve immediately or chill. Drizzle with additional olive oil. Serve with chopped vegetables, crackers or pita bread.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups of hummus.
- Recipe is slightly adapted from Bon Appetit.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: hummus dip, best hummus, tahini hummus