A rich chocolate cake filled with hot fudge and chocolate pudding. Topped with a fresh mint whipped cream.
For the Cake
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- Ingredients listed on the box (eggs, oil, water)
For the filling
- 1 jar (12oz) hot fudge sauce (optional)
- 1 pkg (3.4oz) Chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups Milk
For the whipped cream
- 1 3/4 C Heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 C Powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp Mint extract
- Green food coloring (optional)
- 15 Andes candy bars, crushed
- Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Hot fudge sauce (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix according to the ingredients on the box. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Bake cake in 9×13” for 20-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Warm the jar of hot fudge so it’s pourable. Pour over the cake and gently spread with a knife.
- When the cake has cooled, prepare the pudding layer by mixing a package of instant dark chocolate pudding with 2 cups of cold milk. Before the pudding sets, pour it over the top of the cake and put the cake in the fridge to let the pudding set, about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the whipped cream. Put the bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to get them really cold (this step is optional, but a common practice I use.). In cold mixing bowl, pour in heavy whipping cream and beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and mint extract and increase speed to medium high. Beat until stiff peak form. If desired, add a drop or two of green food coloring.
- Spread whipped cream over the top of cake. You can top you cake with a hot fudge drizzle and some crushed Andes Mints and mini chocolate chips.