This is a banana and brown sugar cake filled with vanilla pudding and topped with fresh sliced bananas, whipped cream and crushed vanilla wafer cookies.
For the Cake:
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas, smashed
For the Toppings:
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz)
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 2 to 3 medium bananas
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Nilla wafer cookies for garnish
For the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cake mix, brown sugar, buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs & vanilla extract. Beat on medium–high speed until all ingredients are well blended. Add the smashed bananas and continuing mixing until the bananas are well incorporated. Use a spatula to mix the batter from the bottom of the bowl to the top to ensure it’s well mixed.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch by 13-inch pan and bake at 350°F for 28 to 32 minutes until the cake is set. Test the cake by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done. Allow the cake to cool for 20 minutes.
For the Filling:
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the vanilla pudding mix and the milk and whisk just until the liquid starts to dissolve. Immediately pour the pudding mix over the top of the cake and try to spread it evenly. Put the whole cake in the refrigerator until it is completely cooled.
- Prior to serving, slice the bananas and lay across the top of the cake and cover Cool Whip.
- Take a few Nilla Wafers and crush them in your hands to sprinkle over the top.
- Keep this cake refrigerated.
Cake is adapted from the Cake Mix Doctor
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana pudding cake, banana cake, easy banana cake