Master how to make chocolate covered strawberries with just 2 ingredients! Add your favorite toppings and enjoy juicy, chocolate-dipped strawberries for an easy Valentine’s Day dessert or special occasion.
- 10 ounces chocolate wafers
- 1 container (16 oz) strawberries, washed and dried
- Garnishes (sprinkles, crushed cookies etc)
- Rinse and thoroughly dry the strawberries. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside garnishes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate wafers at 50% power in 30 second intervals; stir after each interval and continue until chocolate is melted. Reduce microwave time as needed so the chocolate does not burn.
- Hold the tip of the strawberry between your fingers (or use a toothpick), and dip and swirl the strawberries in the chocolate. Tap off excess chocolate on the side of the dish and brush the bottom of the strawberry against the side of the bowl. Place on parchment paper and garnish immediately with toppings, as the chocolate sets quickly. Allow the chocolate to set and then serve.
- To add a drizzle, wait until the chocolate has set and then apply the drizzle. Fill a small piping bag with 2-3 tablespoons of melted chocolate and cut off the tip of the piping bag. Drizzle and allow to set.
- Topping suggestions: Add a Chocolate Drizzle, Chopped Nuts, Crushed Cookies, Shredded Coconut, Garnish with Sprinkles
- Storage tips: If you’re serving these strawberries on the day they were made, keep them at room temperature and cover them gently with plastic wrap, if needed. To store them overnight, keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Note that once refrigerated, condensation will start to build up on the outside of the strawberries, and the juices start to seep from the berries.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American