- 1 C (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, cold.
- 1/2 C Crisco
- 5 C Powdered sugar
- 2½ tsp Clear Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Butter extract (optional)
- 2 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- Cut butter into pieces, combine with Crisco. Using the whisk attachment, whip butter for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally. Beat until butter looks light in color.
- Add 2 C powdered sugar and mix on low speed until incorporated into butter mixture.
- Add 2 tsp vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add additional 2 C powdered sugar and beat on low speed until sugar is incorporated. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 3 minutes.
- Add last 1 C powdered sugar along with 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream, ½ tsp vanilla extract and butter extract. Beat on low until ingredients start to mix together. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for another 3-5 minutes to whip additional air into the frosting