This Easy Guacamole Recipe is one you’ll use over and over again. Avocado, lime, onion, salt, tomatoes and jalapeños made up this killer easy guacamole recipe.
- ½ cup diced white onion
- ½ to 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium jalapeño, diced (optional, for a spicy guacamole)
- 4 medium to large avocado
- 1–2 tablespoons cilantro (optional)
- Dice the onion into finally chopped pieces and top with salt and stir. Note: If you do not like a salty guacamole, start with ½ teaspoon salt. You can always add salt later but you cannot take it away.
- Squeeze 1 1/2 limes over the onions, extracting as much juice as possible. Save half a lime for later. Note: If you do not like a lot of lime, start with one whole lime and add juice to taste.
- Dice the tomatoes and the jalapeño and set aside.
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pits. Using your knife, score the avocados length and width wise, about the size of a dime or smaller. Spoon the avocado into your bowl.
- Use a small masher, or two spoons/forks to mash half of the chunks of avocados, leaving about of the them as larger chunks. Stir together with the onions & lime juice.
- Finally, top with tomatoes, jalapeños and cilantro and stir it into the guacamole. Keep refrigerated.
- Add additional salt or lime juice to taste as needed.
- To prepare in advance, dice the onions and store in an airtight container together with the lime juice and salt. Dice the tomatoes and jalapeño and store separately (or together). This way you only need to throw your ingredients together when you’re ready. I always come prepared with an extra lime and some salt just in case.
- Store the prepared guacamole in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Guacamole is best served fresh but leftover can be store for up to 2 days.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: best guacamole recipe, easy guacamole recipe, how to make guacamole, guacamole dip