This soft and tender Homemade Pie Crust has ultra flaky layers and the most delicious buttery flavor. It’s super easy to make and goes wonderfully with all your favorite filling recipes!
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, cold
- 1 ½ cup (210g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ice cold water (additional as needed)
- Cut the cold butter into 1/2-inch thick cubes. It should be fresh from the fridge.
- Combine the flour, salt and butter in a food processor. Pulse several times until the mixture is crumbly, but still has large chunks of butter.
- Add the egg, vinegar and 2 teaspoons of ice cold water. Pulse until the dough begins to hold together. If needed, add additional water 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Turn the dough out onto the counter. Press it into a ball, then flatten it into a disc about 5 inches wide. Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Roll the dough onto a lightly floured surface, rolling from the center to the edges and rotating occasionally. Roll it out so it’s about 11” in diameter, leaving you at least 1 inch on each side of the pie plate.
- Place the dough into a 9-inch pie plate and fold under the excess edges, then crimp the edges. Refrigerate the dough while you prepare your pie filling.
- Makes 1 9-inch pie crust
- This crust is enough to fill a deep-dish pie plate
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade pie crust, very easy pie crust, blind bake pie crust