These easy eggnog sugar cookies are a soft-based sugar cookie flavored with nutmeg and topped with a creamy eggnog buttercream.
- 1 C (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 2 C Sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 C Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Cream of tarter
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- For the frosting
- 1 C Unsalted butter
- 4 C Powdered sugar
- 3–4 tbsp Eggnog
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Nutmeg to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into butter and sugar until eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and nutmeg. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Use a two-table spoon cookie scoop and space evenly on a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes in the middle rack of your oven.
For the Frosting
- Allow butter to come to room temperature. Using a stand mixer, beat the butter for several minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time and slowly increase speed from low to medium. As the frosting becomes thicker, slowly add eggnog and slowly increase speed to medium high; beat for several minutes until light and fluffy.
- Spread over cooled cookie and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy sugar cookies, chewy sugar cookies, soft cookies, eggnog cookies, christmas cookies