The soft and buttery cookie is loaded with strawberry Pop Tarts and finished off with a vanilla glaze.
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- 2 pkg Pop Tarts (4 Pop Tarts total)
- Sprinkles for garnish
For the Glaze (Optional):
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5–7 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Sprinkles for garnish.
For the Cookies:
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms.
- Cut the Pop Tarts into small pieces, about the size of a nickel and add to the dough. Turn the mixer on low and mix until slightly incorporated. You can also use a spatula and fold them into the dough.
- Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 1 hour. Do NOT skip this step or you will have cookies thinner than pancakes!
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Use a medium cookie scoop (1-2 tbsp) and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place about 2 inches apart. Add a touch of sprinkles to the top.
- Bake at 350° F 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Glaze:
- Sift the powdered sugar into a medium-sized bowl for a smoother frosting.
- Add heavy whipping cream, one tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency. The glaze should be thick and spreadable, not dripping off your spoon.
- Spoon the glaze onto the cookies and garnish with sprinkles.
- If these sit at room temperature, the glaze with harden on the top but not underneath.
- Keep stored in an airtight container. I do not recommend stacking these.
Tip: I prefer to actually scoop my dough and then refrigerate it. It’s much easier!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry cookies, sugar cookies sprinkles, easy cookies