If you love Fruity Pebbles, this poke cake is for you! This is a Fruity Pebble filled vanilla cake, soaked in sweetened condensed milk and topped with a Fruity Pebble Whipped Cream.
For the cake:
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- Ingredients listed on the box: eggs, oil, water (or sub milk)
- 1 ½ cups Fruity Pebble Cereal
For the topping
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- ½ cup Fruity Pebble crumbs
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the cake according to the instructions on the box, combining the cake mix with eggs, vegetable oil, water (or substitute milk for water). Beat the mixture on medium speed until well combined.
- Fold in the Fruity Pebble cereal until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch by 13-inch pan and bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is done. Allow the cake to cool for 20 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
For the topping:
- Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over top of the cake and allow the cake to cool completely and absorb the sweetened condensed milk.
- Put the bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to get them really cold (this step is optional, but is a common practice I use).
- In a small dish, combine 1 tablespoon of cold water with 1 teaspoon gelatin. Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and allow it to set to a solid.
- In a large Ziploc bag, crush the Fruity Pebbles until they resemble small crumbs. Measure out ½ cup of crumbs and set aside.
- Once set, microwave the gelatin for 8-10 seconds until it turns back to a liquid.
- In the cold mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium speed for about 1-2 minutes. Slowly drizzle in the gelatin and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Add the powdered sugar and increase the speed to medium high. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in the crushed Fruity Pebbles.
- Spread whipped cream over the top of cake. This cake must stay refrigerated.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: poke cake recipe, fruity pebble cake, recipe for poke cake, fruity pebble dessert, cereal dessert, sweetened condensed milk poke cake