If you love Fruity Pebbles, this is a must make! The buttery pound cake is loaded with Fruity Pebbles and topped with a buttery crumble.
- 2 cups. (473ml) whole milk
- 1 cup (36g) Fruity Pebbles cereal
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups (180g) cake flour (see notes)
- 2/3 cup (126g) granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (14g) Fruity Pebbles cereal
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (190g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (236ml) prepared cereal milk
- 1 cup (236ml) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups (300g) cake flour (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons (9g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (36g) Fruity Pebbles Cereal
Toppings & Glaze
- 6 tablespoons prepared cereal milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extra
- 2 tablespoons (38g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups (195g) powdered sugar, sifted
- Fruity Pebbles Cereal for garnish (optional)
Cereal milk: Prepare 8-12 hours in advance
- In an airtight container, combine the milk with the Fruity Pebbles. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Stir a couple times for best results.
- When ready, press the cereal milk through a fine mesh sieve. You should end up with around 1 ¼ cups of milk. Discard cereal.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and cool for a few minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Pour the melted butter into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Press the mixture together and then crumble into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease two 9-inch loaf pans and place a line with a piece of parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes,
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the eggs, 1 cup cereal milk, sour cream and pure vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the remaining dry ingredients except the Fruity Pebbles.
- Alternate adding 1/3 of the dry ingredients with 1/3 of the wet ingredients at a time, scraping down the bowl occasionally. Mix just until combine, careful not to overmix. Fold in the Fruity Pebbles cereal with a spatula.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans and then sprinkle the crumble over top, dividing evenly. Bake at 325°F for 45 to 50 minutes. Test the cakes for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are done. Cool Completely.
- Whisk together the liquid ingredients and then slowly whisk in the powdered sugar. Pour the glaze over top of the cooled cakes. Garnish with additional cereal if desired. The glaze will firm up after approximately 1 hour.
- How to measure the cake flour: For the cake flour, go to the brand’s website or packaging and look up the weight in grams for 1 cup of cake flour to determine the final weight you need for the flour, verses using what is listed in the recipe. In my research, there isn’t a straightforward weight for cake flour, and it differs by brand.
- This pound cake is sweet enough without the glaze. I opted not to add the glaze to mine, but it’s printed here as the original recipe has a glaze.
- This recipe could also be made as muffins, it would make 20-24 muffins. Reduce the baking time to approximately 15-20 minutes estimated.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Fruity Pebble Treats, Pound Cake