These Giant Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies are thick, chewy, and about the size of your hand! With crisp edges and a gooey center, plus loads of chocolate.
- 1 cup(226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups (330g) light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup (95g) granulated sugar
- 2 large egg
- 2 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon (30ml) pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups(350g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup M&M Candy (suggest getting a 10oz Sharing Size Bag)
- 1 cup (180 g) chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
- Additional Chocolate chips & M&Ms for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Allow the butter to soften for only about 20 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking sheet.
- Combine the butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Next add the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients: flour, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form. As the dough thickens, add the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Beat until incorporated.
- Using a large cookie scoop, place two scoops of the dough, one stacked on top of the other, and place on baking sheet at least 3 inches apart, 5 cookies will fit on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Place additional M&Ms and chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 15-16 minutes. The center of the cookies should be slightly under baked but not too gooey. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Cool for 1 hour before enjoying.
- Storing baked cookies: Once the cookies have cooled completely, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature. They should stay fresh for 3 to 5 days.
- Freezing cookie dough: Prescoop the dough as instructed. Flash freeze for 30 minutes on a baking sheet, then transfer to an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw to room temperature prior to baking.
- Fixing cookies that spread: As soon as they come out of the oven, use an extra-large round cookie cutter or two spoons or spatulas to press the edges back towards the center of the cookies.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies with m&ms, M&M cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies