In less than 30 minutes you can have these Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies out of the oven and on your plate. Soft and chewy, these gluten-free cookies will all but melt in your mouth.
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup (55g) light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (48g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups (175g) gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup (135g) chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-45 seconds. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Combine the melted butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the egg and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form. As the dough thickens, add the chocolate chips. Beat until incorporated.
- Using large cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto baking sheet, placing 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and place additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The center of the cookies should be slightly under baked but not too gooey. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Important note! If you choose to use weight measurements when preparing this recipe, double-check the weight measurement in grams on the packaging of the gluten-free flour you are using. Not all flour weights are the same and over or under-measuring can affect the end result of your cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free cookie recipes, best gluten free cookies, gluten free choc chip cookies